Fugitive Waves has published a 2-part documentary on Memphis’s all-female radio station WHER, begun as a novelty in 1955 that quickly took on a personality of its own. Click on the links for part 1 and part 2.
- Call for Papers: Signal Strength: women and media practice in conflict and crisis situations December 10, 2017
- SAVE THE DATE! Signal Strength. International Women’s Day 2018 November 28, 2017
- Programme for Sonic Cyberfeminisms is now online… May 2, 2017
- Call for contributions: SONIC CYBERFEMINISMS January 4, 2017
- New Article: “Innovation, women’s work and the documentary impulse: pioneering moments and stalled opportunities in public service broadcasting in Australia and Britain” by Virginia Madsen January 3, 2017
- Heidi Svømmekjær
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.