One of the great legends of British broadcasting history is that the popular BBC soap opera “The Archers” killed off its heroine Grace Archer in a dramatic fire in its early years – supposedly not coincidentally with the launch of the BBC’s commercial rival ITV. Now, at age 90, the actress Ysanne Churchman, has offered a more mundane and all-too-familiar explanation, that has been now been adapted into a fascinating radio docudrama. It centred, among other things, around a demand for equal pay….
- Programme for Sonic Cyberfeminisms is now online… May 2, 2017
- Call for contributions: SONIC CYBERFEMINISMS January 4, 2017
- New Article: “Innovation, women’s work and the documentary impulse: pioneering moments and stalled opportunities in public service broadcasting in Australia and Britain” by Virginia Madsen January 3, 2017
- Australian Women in Radio online at the NFSA January 3, 2017
- Women hams ride the radio wave in India September 13, 2016
- Heidi Svømmekjær
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.