A new article by Kate Murphy on pioneer has just been published in the BBC news magazine, outlining the position of women at the BBC. Paid maternity leave, no marriage bar (until 1932) and thus – not surprisingly – a wide range of highly educated, pioneering broadcasters. Also splendid photographs showing women engaged at all levels of production. Check it out.
- Programme for Sonic Cyberfeminisms is now online… May 2, 2017
- Call for contributions: SONIC CYBERFEMINISMS January 4, 2017
- New Article: “Innovation, women’s work and the documentary impulse: pioneering moments and stalled opportunities in public service broadcasting in Australia and Britain” by Virginia Madsen January 3, 2017
- Australian Women in Radio online at the NFSA January 3, 2017
- Women hams ride the radio wave in India September 13, 2016
- Heidi Svømmekjær
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.